Alan C. Milstein
Alan Milstein is a shareholder of the Firm and Chairman of the Firm's Litigation Department. He is nationally recognized as a preeminent litigator, expert, lecturer, and author.
Mr. Milstein is particularly prominent in the following domains:
- Insurance law and fire loss litigation.
- Products liability.
- Clinical trials litigation.
BIOETHICS AND CLINICAL TRIALS LITIGATION
In these specific areas, Mr. Milstein is more than prominent—he is acknowledged as a pioneer in establishing the rights of research subjects . His cases and arguments have been mentioned in numerous books and articles concerning current topics in healthcare.
He was appointed an adjunct professor at the Temple University School of Law teaching Bioethics.
Mr. Milstein has also been invited to make presentations on bioethics by various prestigious institutions and organizations:
Mr. Milstein's expertise on bioethics issues has made him a sought-after television guest. He has appeared on Dateline, Sixty Minutes, 48 Hours, Hannity and Colmes, The Today Show, Sunday Morning, CBS News, NBC News, CNN, BBC’s Science and Nature, ZDF German Public Television, and NHK Japanese Public Television.
Mr. Milstein is also a sought-after commentator on issues involving Sports Law. He has appeared on HBO's NFL Week, Cold Pizza, ESPN Sports Center and James Brown's Radio Show.
J.D., Temple University School of Law, 1983
Member, Board of Editors of Temple University Law Review
M.A., University of Kansas, 1978
B.A., University of Maryland, 1975
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticePennsylvania
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
United States District Court for the District of DC
- Selected to the New Jersey’s Super Lawyers® List 2005-2015. Only 5% of the lawyers in the state are selected for this recognition.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ Rating, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
- Mr. Milstein has been profiled in the New York Times, Washington Post, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Courier-Post, Newark Star Ledger, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The American Lawyer, The Baltimore Jewish Times, The Legal Intelligencer, New Jersey Super Lawyers and the German magazine Geo Wissen.
- Listed member of Who's Who in American Law
"Research Malpractice and the Issue of Incidental Findings" The Journal of Law Medicine & Ethics, Summer 2008
"Handling PCB Litigation" Trial Magazine, May 1989
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS: Institutions and Organizations
|Hospitals, Clinics, Medical Schools||Law Schools ||Organizations|