Alan I. MoldoffOf Counsel
Alan Moldoff concentrates his practice in the areas of business bankruptcies and reorganizations. Drawing from more than 40 years of experience as a Lawyer, he provides a balanced approach to meeting the needs of his clients who rely on him for guidance and common sense solutions. He has represented the interests of debtors and creditors in business/bankruptcy, restructuring, and reorganizations for more than 25 years, which gives him a broad understanding of the challenges his clients face and how to craft solutions for them to succeed. Through his wide-ranging experience, Alan is able to provide counsel and implement creative solutions to achieve successful results for clients through appropriate transactional documentation, negotiation, or litigation.
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law
B.A., Rutgers University
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Represented multi-unit Pizza Hut franchisee in out-of-court workout of loan default in excess of $6million, together with various other disputes and indebtedness. Outcome: Successful restructuring and reorganization without need for additional expenses of time-consuming bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented bank in workout of loans in excess of $3.5 million to local restaurant involving a negotiation with landlord of a letter of credit, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) foreclosure on restaurant assets, drafting of documents to facilitate transfer of assets and liquor license, negotiation and implementation of forbearance agreement with borrower and ultimate sale of loans to third party.
- Represented a debtor in Chapter 11 business bankruptcy and prosecuted claim which was fully litigated in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, resulting in a verdict after trial in favor of client in excess of $5 million.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee administering various multi-million dollar Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented major automobile finance company with a $3.2 million claim against various entities and an individual holding an interest in those entities who filed an individual Chapter 11 reorganization bankruptcy.
- Prosecuted appeals in the New Jersey Appellate Court, the Supreme Court of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Jewish Community Relations Council (“JCRC”) of Southern New Jersey, Vice President of Board of Trustees.
- B’nai Brith Chapter, Past President.
- Jewish Federation of Southern Jersey, Steering Committee for Annual Fundraiser.
- Philadelphia Reads Program for Philadelphia School District, Volunteer.
- Attained an AV® PreeminentTM rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Selected to serve on mediation panel for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- "A Basic Primer on Bankruptcy Litigation in a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case.” a chapter in Bankruptcy Litigation and Dispute Resolution: Leading Lawyers on Key Case Strategies, Risk Assessment and Settlement Considerations (Inside the Minds) (Aspatore).
- Author for publications such as the Bankruptcy Strategist.
- Lectured on various aspects of bankruptcy-related topics and collection law for the National Business Institute.