Daniel J. BarrisonShareholder
Mr. Barrison is a shareholder and a member of the Firm's Management Committee. One of the most respected business lawyers in New Jersey, Mr. Barrison's finely tuned business and tax acumen enables him to identify and solve intricate problems, clearing the way to successful transactions.
Mr. Barrison's practice embraces the full range of business matters and transactions, counseling clients day-to-day, from start-up and early-stage through maturity and exit. His book of clients includes local, regional, and national enterprises: family owned, closely held, and publicly traded. His particular areas of concentration include:
- Mergers and acquisitions, representing both buyers and sellers in transactions.
- Entity structuring and formation.
- Joint venture and other business relationship agreements.
- Executive employment and compensation agreements.
- Business succession planning.
- Dispute and conflict resolution among business owners.
- Day to day business counseling for clients.
- Health Care. Mr. Barrison is counsel for many large regional health care practice entities, advising them on:
- Buying, selling, and merging healthcare practices and providers.
- Structuring and drafting physician-owner and non-owner employment and compensation agreements, agreements among practice owners, and hospital service agreements.
- Manufacturing, Product and Services Distribution. Mr. Barrison advises clients on product manufacturing and service relationships, including formulating and preparing distribution and sales promotion agreements, with a particular area of focus on the food manufacturing and office product distribution industries.
- Financial Services. Mr. Barrison represents both borrowers and lenders – including banks, commercial finance, and equipment leasing companies – in negotiating and drafting sophisticated financing transactions, such as:
- Asset-based loans.
- Participation and intercreditor agreements.
- Mortgage and equipment lease portfolio sales, purchases, and servicing.
- Intellectual Property Licensing. Mr. Barrison has extensive experience in documenting software and other intellectual property licensing relationships.
- Alternative Energy. Mr. Barrison has been involved in a number of projects utilizing alternative energy sources in the State of New Jersey.
- Act as counsel to buyers and sellers in numerous merger, sale and acquisition transactions.
- As counsel to the transaction, coordinating the successful merger of many of the region's premier medical practice groups.
- Representation of numerous medical practices in the sales to hospitals and national practice groups.
- As counsel for a regional bank, successfully completing a naming rights agreement for a local concert venue.
- As day to day counsel for numerous manufacturer clients, negotiating and drafting product distribution, private label manufacturing and supply agreements.
- As counsel for minority interest holders, successfully negotiating and drafting the sale of minority stakes in substantial business entities.
- As counsel for both emerging growth and established companies, negotiating the receipt and exit terms for venture capital investments.
- Documenting a lender's participation in substantial loans made to support the expansion of two regional health care systems.
- Representing financial institution in acquiring the business of an equipment leasing company and in buying and selling portfolios of equipment leases.
- Representing financial institution in purchasing and selling mortgage loan portfolios.
- Representing financial institutions in their asset-based lending, including letter of credit, line of credit, and term loan facilities.
- Successfully selling numerous emergency department medical practices.
- Providing New Jersey local representation to national medical practices.
- The refinancing, purchase, and sale activities of the owners of large apartment portfolios.
J.D., Temple University School of Law (with honors), 1984
Temple Law Review
B.A., Syracuse University (with honors), 1980
New Jersey Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
Mr. Barrison has lectured on myriad topics and to diverse audiences. He has, for example, provided continuing education for the real estate title insurance agents, life insurance agents and certified public accountants, and conducted business seminars for dental students.