The Firm also has an extensive general commercial litigation practice, representing clients in state and federal courts, as well as in administrative and arbitration proceedings.
Recently, the Firm has represented:
- Parties in shareholder and partnership disputes.
- Financial institutions sued over their mortgage practices.
- Major investment-grade property owners in disputes with their tenants.
The Firm has a national products liability practice with broad trial experience.
- We represent both manufacturers and injured persons.
- As national liaison counsel for an international corporation, we are coordinating all litigation throughout the United States and Canada.
- We work with nationally recognized design engineers in defending and prosecuting product liability claims.
The personal injury side of our products liability practice is but part of our overall personal injury practice, which includes slip and fall and automobile accidents. In recent cases, we have successfully represented:
- Passengers severely injured in drunk driving collisions.
- Workers injured on industrial machinery.
- Business patrons seriously injured because of faulty premises.
The Firm also oversees the submission of first party insurance benefits such as medical bills, wage loss, and property damage, to make sure our clients receive full compensation for the injuries they have suffered.
The Firm has represented developers, contractors, churches, and homeowners in litigation arising from claimed construction deficiencies. Our recent clients have included:
- A church seeking to recover money from its building contractor.
- A builder sued by an owner of a new apartment complex
- A homeowner claiming a new home developed mold as a result of a faulty drainage system.
Tax Litigation: Civil and Criminal
White Collar Criminal Litigation
In coordination with our Tax Planning and Strategies group, and Health Care Law and Compliance group, and Corporate, Business and Financial Services group, we also have recognized acumen in the following highly specialized areas:
- Civil and criminal tax litigation encompassing all phases of a tax matter, from IRS audits and United States Grand Jury investigations to United States Tax Court and other federal court litigation.
- Health care fraud and disclosure.
- White collar crime.