Jeffrey P. ResnickShareholder
Jeffrey P. Resnick is a shareholder in the Litigation department. He has significant experience handling all phases of litigation across the country, tried jury and nonjury cases and argued appellate matters in State and Federal Courts, including the New Jersey Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Resnick represents:
- All types of businesses in troubleshooting, avoiding litigation, and in commercial and business litigation disputes;
- Insureds in litigation against their insurance company seeking insurance coverage;
- Both employers and employees in employment disputes, including restrictive covenant claims;
- Executors and administrators, as well as beneficiaries, in estate litigation;
- Medical professionals in hospital and board disputes.
Certain Favorable Reported Dispositions
- Montgomery Academy v. Kohn, 50 f. Supp. 2d 344 (D.N.J. 1999), affirmed 82 F Supp. 2d 312 (1999), Successful Motion to Disqualify Counsel due to existence of a prior attorney- client relationship and obtainment of confidential information.
- Rios v. Rockwell Int'1 Corp., 268 A.D. 2d 279 (N.Y. App. Div. 1st Dept. 2000) Obtained summary judgment dismissing plaintiff's failure to warn claim relating to a personal injury sustained on machinery.
- 1600 Penn Corp. v. Computer Scis. Corp., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 76764 (E.D. Pa. 2008) Obtained summary judgment on tenant's claim that landlord's purported termination of the Lease was invalid and ineffective.
- Forman v. Salzano (In re Norvergence, Inc.) 405 B.R. 709 (U.S.B.C. 2009) Represented defendant, a leasing company accused of operating a Ponzi Scheme.
- 135 Route 73 S., LLC. v. Schafer, 2010 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2540 (N.J. App. Div. 2010) Successful Motion for Summary Judgment and appellate affirmance regarding a real estate transaction.
- Mintz v. Dietz & Watson, Inc. 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 118781 (S.D. Ca. 2010) Obtained summary judgment and defeated a Motion for Reconsideration on a patent infringement matter.
- Rosenberg v. Lincoln Fin. Group, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 36132 (D.N.J. 2010), affi'm on reconsideration 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 112667 (D.N.J. 2010) Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an employer defending against violations of COBRA.
- Sanchez v. Rizzieri Consulting, Inc., 2012 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2381 (N.J. App. Div. 2012) Obtained defense verdict at binding arbitration and successful defending appeal in representing employer in FMLA and New Jersey LAD Claims.
- Schummer v. Black Bear Distrib., LLC, 965 f. Supp. 2d 493 (D.N.J. 2013) Obtained summary judgment for employer in FMLA and New Jersey LAD Claims.
- Grossman v. Board of Review, DOL, 2015 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1000 (N.J. App. Div. 2015) Successful denial of appeal from final agency decision of the Board of Review, upholding the Appeal Tribunal's determination of proper classification of independent contractor rather than employee.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage & Indemnity
- Commercial/Business Litigation
- Bioethics and Clinical Trials Litigation
J.D., Widener University School of Law , 1995
Co-Founder/Editor, Widener Law Symposium Journal
B.A. - English/History, Rutgers College, 1992
New York, 1995
United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
United States District Court of the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
United States District of the Southern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Admitted Pro Hac Vice in numerous states including, California, Connecticut, Delaware and Florida.
Camden County Bar Association
Burlington County Bar Association
District IIIB Ethics Committee Member
Katz Jewish Community Center
Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey
Member, Board of Directors
Jewish Community Center (Board Member - 2008 - Present)
Legal Expert - Sports News Radio Network
New Jersey Rising Stars Honoree
- “Chancery & Injunction Practice in NJ State & Federal Court” - Burlington County Bar Association
- “Commercial General liability (CGL) Policy: The Complete Guide” – National Business Institute
- “Resolving Discovery Disputes” and “Settling Your Case Before Trial-Advanced Techniques,” National Business Institute
- “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute
- “Insurance Coverage Litigation,” National Business Institute
- “Fee Shifting in Commercial Litigation,” Burlington County Bar Association
- Named to New Jersey Super Lawyer “Rising Star List” for Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage and General Litigation (2006-2010). No more than 2.5 % of lawyers in the state, who are under 40, are selected for this recognition each year.
- Listed in SJ Magazine “Awesome Attorney” 2012
- Honored at Chabad Founders Dinner 2015