Robert E. SchwartzShareholder
Robert Schwartz is a shareholder and a member of the firm's real estate department. He is recognized as a consummate professional, with notable expertise in real estate, business, corporate, and lending transactions.
REAL ESTATE PRACTICE
Mr. Schwartz's vibrant commercial real estate practice embraces the spectrum of sophisticated matters, including:
- Structuring and organizing entities.
- Construction contracts.
His client list includes real estate investors and developers, lending institutions, REITS, and other owners, operators, and managers of apartment buildings, office buildings, and shopping centers.
Mr. Schwartz's business practice is equally exceptional, providing general business counseling to a range of clients and industries. He counsels business and private equity clients in their
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial financing.
- Day-to-day matters.
Mr. Schwartz's expertise also includes lender's side asset-based and real estate financing, including construction loans and low income housing tax credit related financing. He represents both national and regional lending institutions.
Among Mr. Schwartz's diverse portfolio of real estate and business transactions, he has represented:
- A non-profit organization in acquiring and developing a $100,000,000 continuing care retirement community.
- A private equity group in acquiring 50 small market radio stations in California and Oregon, and the related $50,000,000 financing.
- An employee benefits company in selling its $15,000,000 business to a national insurance company.
- National lenders making construction loans to multiple low and moderate income housing projects.
J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1987
Villanova Law Review 1985-1987
Villanova Law Review Case and Comment Editor, 1986-1987
BS-Accounting, Ithaca College, 1984
New Jersey State Bar Association
Pennsylvania State Bar Association
Camden County Bar Association
Jewish Family and Children's Service
Member Since: 1994-2002
Vice President, Executive Committee 1996-1998
Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey
Member Since: since 1990
Board of Trustees 1999-Present
Executive Committee 2004-Present
Vice President 2005-2009
Annual Campaign Co-Chair 2009
Lions Gate-Continuing Care Retirement Community
Executive Committee 2007-2010
Daniel B. Allanoff Foundation
Member Since: • President 2015
- South Jersey Magazine - 2020 Awesome Attorney for Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ Rating, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.